CIMG holds a one day retreat (1DR) usually once a month. Dates are listed on the website.
The 1DRs are open to anyone who has attended at least four Sunday evening sessions with CIMG at the temple. As our practice is self-guided, attendees need to be able to practise for the day without instruction or guidance. The retreat is conducted mainly in silence.
We alternate between sitting and walking meditation throughout the day, with a recorded dhamma talk and group discussion towards the end of the day. A suggested timetable is available below. More experienced meditators may follow their own program.
A reminder about the 1DR is sent to everyone on the CIMG email list. To join the list, please email us.
We are currently trying out some new venues around Canberra. Details of the venue will be provided in the reminder email.
Please arrive by 9.30am to set up for a 10am start. The retreat ends around 5.00pm.
If you would like to attend a one day retreat:
1) register by replying to the 1DR email reminder. This is sent out to everyone on the email list about 1-2 weeks beforehand.
2) the cost of the retreat is $40. Details on how to pay will be provided by email once you have registered. This covers the cost of hiring the venue. If this amount is not possible for you at the moment, please let us know and feel free to make a smaller contribution to suit your budget.
3) download the retreat timetable here. Please be aware there is no instruction or guidance during the day except for a recorded dhamma talk played around 3.15pm.
4) please bring:
- meditation stool/cushion (chairs are available at the venue)
- your own lunch, snacks, mug and tea bags